Wednesday

The Arrival of FedEx


I figured I'd have a half hour or so to sketch, but my daughter re-emerged from her appointment in just 10-15 minutes! When I got home, I thought it would look much better to throw some color behind the truck, so I added the watercolor afterwards. Here's what it looked like when I brought it home:


Text: I dropped my daughter off for a doctor's appointment this morning and set up in my car to sketch the rainy scene. Just as I took pen to paper, this massive FedEx truck pulled up right in front of the awning that was planned as the focal point of my sketch! This was done with my favorite Kuretake brush pen and a waterbrush of Gris Nuage. Journal writing: Lexington Gray and Lamy F fountain pen


When I added the watercolor, I discovered that the ink that comes with the Kuretake brush pen is very washable. Once that runs out, I'll probably refill it with Noodler's Bulletproof Black, or some other black ink that stays put. The J. Herbin Gris Nuage (lighter color gray) stayed put pretty well.

Speaking of package deliveries, look what UPS delivered to me today, along with some of the new Stonehenge Kraft colored paper:

All this rainy weather is a perfect time to dip into these acrylic inks. Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Great that you sketched the scene anyway with the truck as the focal point. lol Nice delivery!!

    ReplyDelete