Friday

Main House at Riga Farm and an Earthquake!


Another sketch from Riga Farm
Vic and I got here a bit late, so by the time I finished this second sketch, everybody was breaking for lunch. We all sat under a shady tree with our friend's dogs. Suddenly, I felt my chair shake. I figured one of the dogs was nudging the back of my chair, but when I turned around to look, there was no dog in sight. It turned out to be a 5.8 magnitude earthquake in Virginia. Most of us felt it, even from so far away!

Sketch done with Winsor Newton and Holbein watercolors, and a Lamy Safari "F" nib fountain pen with Noodler's Lexington Gray ink. Writing was done with Noodler's Purple Wampum in a Platinum Preppy 0.5.

2 comments:

  1. You aren't going to forget this painting outing! Nice picture of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am back from my trip and catching up a bit. Wonderful sketches, Jamie. I have enjoyed catching up on what you posted in my absence. I did read your commentary on the first few, but then just kept going back to see the sketches. If I read everyone's comments for the last 2 months, I will really never catch up. lol I like your sketch setup. I thought of doing that with velcro too.

    ReplyDelete