Wednesday

Flowers for Mom

Watercolor on acrylic-primed Strathmore Aquarius II watercolor paper

I made some cards to send letters to my Mom, who is over 1,000 miles away from me. I cut about a half dozen cards from Aquarius II paper, and toned a few of them with some diluted acrylic traditional and iridescent paints. The surfaces have just a bit of shimmer to them. After I took this photo, I signed the image and put a border around the sketch. I forgot to take another photo of it when it was finished, and now it's already been sent off to her.

These flowers were from a family birthday party that my husband and I attended, so it was a perfect addition to the letter telling her about the event. It does take a lot of time to make cards for people, but what a nice way to be able to share our sketches!


3 comments:

  1. Seems I missed a few of your posts. What a great way to share things with your mom!!! Love the zoo sketches. I will have to meet you there one of the days you plan on going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Jamie! This is such a cool project...nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such an inspiring blog, Jamie... wanted you to know that it is one of the first I bookmarked after discovering Wet Canvas (and met all the AMASSers :)) , and it was also one of the blogs that inspired me to start my own. Love this bouquet - so simple and fresh!

    -Tina

    ReplyDelete